Sunday, June 8, 2008

Anglican Men's Weekend


Last month I had the good fortune to be able to drop in on the Anglican Men's Weekend in the mountains of Southern California. Archbishop Henry Luke Orombi and a host of other Anglican bishops led a powerful retreat to recharge the batteries of the faithful, and give their views of the road ahead.

Kevin Kallsen of Anglican TV, who I had not seen since the Episcopal house of bishops meeting in New Orleans, was there to tape the proceedings.

After each of the teachings, I joined with the men who gathered into small groups in the forested retreat center to work through the issues being raised, both personal and corporate. It was a real chance to get our feet firmly replanted on solid ground.



.

.

Better yet, I had the pleasure of re-connecting and consulting with a great many of the closest friends from my three-year sojourn with St. James Anglican of Newport Beach including Fr. Richard Menees (far right, bottom picture). They helped me ponder the future of my ministry and what God was doing in my life. I came away lightened and refreshed.

No comments: